After teasing customers over the weekend by deploying the update and taking it back down and then putting it back up. AT&T and Samsung are finally announcing that the Android 4.0 Update for the AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777) is officially live.
To upgrade your device follow these steps:
- You will need to download Kies (Click Here).
- Once Kies is installed you may need to update the Kies software (if prompted to Click Update and Accept the new License Agreement).
- After that process is over connect your device to your PC using the supplied Micro USB Cable (Kies should auto-detect your device and it should display the device in the upper left of the navigation menu).
- A pop-up menu should appear saying there is a firmware update available for your device. Click Update.
- Read the Caution pop-up and if you preformed the preparation steps and understand everything else click the box for I have read all of the above information.
- Read the Allow saving of information statement and select Allow Saving or Proceed without saving (your choice) and then click Start upgrade.
- Kies will start to download the firmware update for your device. The amount of time that it will take is dependent on your internet connection.
- After the update is downloaded Kies will then start to push the update to your device. Your phone’s display should say ”Downloading… Do not turn off target!!“
- When the firmware update is finished your device will restart.
- Do not unplug your device from your PC until the Kies says “Firmware upgrade complete”
After the processes is complete you can unplug your device from your computer and enjoy some ICS goodness on your Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-I777)
At this moment there is no word when Android 4.0 updates will be available for the Galaxy S II Skyrocket (SGH-I727) and the Galaxy Note (SGH-I717) for AT&T customers so stay tuned for more information on when updates will be available for those devices
If you have problems performing this update check out the Samsung support page for more information and troubleshooting steps.
Not sure if your AT&T Android device will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich? Click here